This easter bark is a life saver, and actually just by changing the colours it works on any season and for any party, is definetly something I love to make all year long. So, you don’t nt have tons of time (or imagination) but want to put together a cute treat, right? All you need is:
- Semi dark chocolate chips… you don’t want the bark to be over sweet or it’ll be hard to enjoy.
- Candy melts in different colours (I’m using pink and blue)
- Graham style crakers
- Mini eggs (I used easter M&M’s)… you want to crush some in advance.
And trust me when I say it’s a dummy proof treat, follow this steps or tweak if necessary…
- Melt your semi-dark chocolate, if you use the microwave remember to stop and stir every 20 seconds to avoid burning it.
- Spread the chocolate on a cookie tray covered with wax paper ( if you don’t have any, use parchment paper with a touch of coconut oil).
- Start placing the crackers one next to the other until you have the whole chocolate surface covered.
- Next, melt your candy melts. Again, any technique is fine, microwave, double boiler, melting pot, etc…
- Cover the crackers with the candy melts, half of the surface with one colour, and the other half with the other, but don’t use it all, leave a little bit on the side.
- What you left on the side use it to make thick lines on top of the opposite colour.
- Then, with a toothpick make lines side to side to draw some patterns. Stop when you like the patterns you got.
- Finally, spread your previously crushed mini eggs and a couple of whole ones.
- Chill for an hour in the fridge.
- Take out of the fridge and remove from the cookie tray, place in a cutting board and with a sharp knife start cutting into pieces. And you’re done, enjoy the magic!